Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, August 27, 2010

We made it through the first week of school!


Well, M1 started kindergarten this week. She is going to a great school and has an amazing teacher! The morning of the first day of school, she jumped out of bed and was ready to go! We went as a family to walk her in to class. I was so nervous, but of course, she was not at all! She told me she was ready for me to go and she would be ok. So, alothough I wasn't ready to go, I walked out the door and peeked through the glass so I could watch for a little while. I was blown away at the thought of my little six pound baby girl, standing with her hand over her heart saying the pledge of allegiance. I realized, this is it! The past five years of being with her constantly and teaching her as much as I could, was preparing her for THIS DAY. My days of being at home with her and being "cool" to her, were now over. She is a big girl now and ready to turn this page and begin a new chapter in her life. I'm so not ready, but she is. Needless to say, she loves school and has gotten a "purple" in her folder everyday (that means good behavior.) And of course, I am her room mom/class photographer, so you better believe I will be there every time I can! I LOVE 2:15 every afternoon because that is the time that the teacher opens the door and I see a big bow moving all around behind the other kids. I know that is her looking for me among the other parents that are anxiously waiting for their kid to pop their head out the door too. I love that when she sees me, she smiles and runs to me anxious to tell me about her day and what color she got. My sweet sweet girl, I could not be more proud of her!

On the flip side, poor M2. She was running upstairs today and fell. She hit her head on the corner of her chair in her room and ended up at urgent care. She had to get "glued back together." It really wasn't a big deal, but of course when I saw the blood gushing out of her head, I totally freaked out. She is all good now. It has been one crazy, emotional and exciting week. Now, it is time for a restfull (yeah, right) weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment