Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Wow! Time is flying!
I just realized today that it has been several weeks since I last posted anything and now Macye is almost finished with her first 6 weeks of school. INSANE! I will start with her today. She just started hip hop dance last week and LOVES IT! I think she is going to go ahead and do tap and ballet as well. She has some serious rhythm so hip hop is perfect for her! She has actually stayed home from school for the last two days because she has been sick. Fever, headache and throwing up, I think she might have had the flu but seems to be doing much better today and will DEFINATELY be back at school tomorrow! She is doing so well learning to read and is pointing out her "sight words" everywhere we go. It is getting to the point that I have to be careful what I spell. lol. She has her Johnny Appleseed party this Friday at school so I will be up there most of the day helping with that. I absolutely love her school. I was so nervouse about her starting kindergarten, but it has been wonderful so far. She has an amazing Christian teacher, Ms. Baxter, and all the staff are amazing. My good friend's mom works in the cafeteria, so I literally have eyes watching her all over the school. :) She is just totally in her element up there and I couldn't be more pleased!
Miley is just so funny. Last week she decided she wanted to take dance too. So, I went out and got her tap shoes, ballet shoes, a leotard, tutu and tights. She was sooo excited to go to "ballellet" class. When we got there, Eric and I walked her in and she went over and joined the group. After a couple of minutes, I saw that look on her face that told me that we probably would not ever be back! lol. Sure enough, the next thing I knew, she was sitting on the little bench in the class room, sucking her thumb and crying. So, I told her we could leave and she was quick to gather and stuff and get out of there! After class we talked to her and she said it was scary. So, she starts gymnastics next week. Hopefully that will turn out better. She is so funny because her best friend (in her mind) is clare. I put that in parenthesis because Clare is seven and Miley has no clue that there is any age difference at all. Clare is one of those sweet little girls that will hang out and watch Miley and carry her around and play with her. She probably thinks of Miley as a little baby doll, but Miley is certain that Clare considers her a best friend also. She thought Clare would be in her preschool class with her and she asks me all the time if Clare can spend the night, it is really cute. :) She is going to preschool at the Church of Christ by our house. She loves it! Lylah is in her class with her which makes her just so happy! The teacher says they are inseperable all day. Although I know she needs to learn independence, I am glad she has a familiar face in a new environment. I have to say, I really enjoy being with her while Macye is in school. She is really the sweetest little girl and is SOOO FUNNY! I really laugh all the time.
Mr. Mason is really changing lately. He is sitting very well on his own, has started to make the crawling motion and just started eating little disolvable cheerios and drinking water out of his sippy cup all by himself. He is just so sweet. I have taught him to "give a hug" and he will lay his head down on my shoulder and cuddle with me. I love that. He really isn't a very cuddly baby, but I can always seem to get him to cuddle with me. He just got his first tooth last week. He has been having such a hard time cutting it and it finally came in! He is just growing up so fast. I dont understand why that has to happen in the blink of an eye. This morning I went through his closet and all his baby stuff and posted it on craigslist because he has outgrown almost everything! He also somehow climbed out of his bouncer seat WHILE STRAPPED IN. I have no idea how he did that but, needless to say, we are now having to get rid of some stuff that could be harmful to him. wow, boys sure are different!He is now spending every Thursday afternoon with two girls that live in the neighborhood down the street from us. I volunteer at Macye's school on Thursday afternoons, so I needed a baby sitter. The girls, Laura and Catherine, are sisters of one of the girls in Macye's class. They are homeschooled and are looking to make a little extra money. They are so sweet and really love Mason. He likes going over there and getting spoiled. It is a nice break for me too and I really enjoy getting to help in May's class.
So, for right now, we are staying pretty busy! I am starting pumpkin patch pictures this weekend, so I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off! But, it is fun getting to see all the kids, families and especially families that I did pictures of last year. I love seeing how the kids change each year and meet the new ones that have been born since last year.
We are loving our new house! We are just so convenient to everything and that is so nice! The girls love having their own room and an area to watch movies upstairs all by themselves. lol. Mason is even sleeping upstairs in his own room all night long. I never thought I could do it, but it has actually been just fine and he loves his room and his bed. He even has his own bathroom that is all decorated in pirates:) I will post some pics. Anyways, that is what is going on with us. Oh, and by the way, non-fat pumpkin spice lattes with two splendas from starbucks are THE BEST! If you haven't had one, try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment