Our neighborhood island is covered!
My three little icecycles
I woke Miley up at midnight to make her play in the snow with me.
Okay, well I dont know if Mason brought the snow to Texas when he was born or what!!! But, this is insane for Texas! For the second year in a row, we have had an amazing amount of snow!!!! It is beautiful, yes, but for Texans, we really aren't equipped to handle this amount of the cold white stuff! Macye's school, and all the schools in the metroplex for that matter, had to close for FOUR days!!! The first day was like, "Yes!! No school! Snowmen, sledding and sleeping in! Hooray!". The second day. "Ok, well no school again, thats cool. Lets build a friend for our lonely snowman." Day three, "Dear Lord, what in the world is going on? Snow is great, but lets seriously take a break from it." And by day four, "H..E..L..P.. ME! IM STUCK IN THE HOUSE WITH 3 BORED KIDS AND I CANT GET OUT!!!! SOMEONE OPEN A SCHOOL, SOMEWHERE!" No, really, unlike many other parents, I totally enjoyed my mini vacation with my precious kiddos. We took turns with our neighbors letting the kids play at each other's houses and making dinner, so really it was kinda fun. I have to say though, I was ready to get back out. My trip to Walgreens after being in the house for four days seemed like paradise! We did have fun though and got some great pictures. It just reminds me of this time last year when I was laying in a hospital bed looking out the window at the crazy amount of snow. Yes, this time last year, I was preparing to welcome my little man into the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment