I can not believe that a whole year has passed since Mason was born. Wow, I am so thankful that it is now this time this year instead of this time last year. Mason has come so far this year. He is the funniest, most loving little man I have ever seen! I was so proud of him when he two a step two different times after his birthday party!
For his party, we invited close friends and family for a get together at the house. We had it all decorated in fireman stuff and the cutest fire truck cake ever! We ended up having about 35 people over to celebrate with us! He got some really neat gifts and really loved his cake. It was all over his body and in his hair, as well as mine! As I looked through all the pictures displayed around the house of Mason's first year, I was brought to tears. He has truly come through so much! I will never forget seeing him for the first time in the NICU hooked up to tubes and so small and fragile. And then in a few short weeks being admitted into Cook's with meningitis. Seeing your tiny little baby get a spinal tab is simply horrifying and I cringe thinking about what that looked like and what his scream sounded like. Then, having the nurses administer i.v. after i.v. because he kept kicking and pulling his out. He is such a little fighter!
I remember after his 6 month appointment, Eric and I walked out of the docor's office and I told him how great it was that this was finally the first appointment we have left with good news instead of bad news. From that point on, Mason has continued to amaze me at all the things he can do. He has done far more than I expected and doesn't seem to have any problems from all the went through. Praise God for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment